Friday, January 8, 2010

Why do my dog's lips tremble after he's sniffed other dogs' (I presume) wastes?

Your dog has an extra sensory organ in the roof of his mouth called the jacobson's organ.. most animals have this organ. It helps a dog ';read'; the different scents that he is smelling.





When he quivers his lips, its because he is using that organ. Animal waste contains pheremones and other hormones so that a dog can tell different thing.. he can tell if its a male or female, where the female is at in her cycle, and if the dog may be more dominant or submissive than himself. He may also be sniffing wastes from prey animals as well.








This organ does also help a dog taste.. when he eats his food quickly and you wonder if he even tasted it.. yes, he did.Why do my dog's lips tremble after he's sniffed other dogs' (I presume) wastes?
Wouldn't your lips tremble if you'd sniffed someone's poo?Why do my dog's lips tremble after he's sniffed other dogs' (I presume) wastes?
Its usually urine and my male does it too. I think you will find it is a sensory overload.


Urine is fully of messages, and dogs use it to communicate with each other.


My dog dribbles as well as trembles, its quite funny. I've also seen some males (yuck!) lick the urine and this also would be a sensory overload.
Don't know but my dog does it too and it drives me nuts cause he drools while he trembles!

No comments:

Post a Comment