Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tried everything, but whatever I do, my lips are ALWAYS dry, cracked, and chapped, ALL YEAR LONG. Your advice?

Got any permanent solution to get soft and moist lips all the time?Tried everything, but whatever I do, my lips are ALWAYS dry, cracked, and chapped, ALL YEAR LONG. Your advice?
Do you drink a lot of fluids (water basically)? I had this for the longest time, and when by boyfriend said I need to drink more water, I laughed at him. However, I now drink at least 1 litre of water every day and, you know what, it made a hell of a difference to my dry, cracked lips!





Give it 2 weeks and see if it works. Also, vaseline lip care is the best thing in the winter as well!Tried everything, but whatever I do, my lips are ALWAYS dry, cracked, and chapped, ALL YEAR LONG. Your advice?
Apart from using a good lip balm (Carmex is the best by far - even George Clooney is said to swear by it!) you perhaps need to look at underlying causes. Are you getting enough water? Make sure you drink six to eight glasses a day to prevent dehydration. Also check your diet is balanced - a lack of B vitamins or iron can cause cracking, particularly at the corners of your mouth. Also, avoid lipstick - it could be drying your lips or causing an allergic reaction.





Hope your lips are soft and smooth soon! ;)
I had this issue for years, always so sore and horrible. I tried everything then I found Nivia Lipcare and repair.


I used to use it everyday but now I only need it every few days.


I have given you a link to see what it looks like. It is the best stuff I have ever used.


I have had 3 great years now and I hardly remember what it was like to have bleeding dry lips!!
Avoid Vaseline -IT SUCKS!- Avoid any lip balm in which the main ingredient is petrolium jelly, which can actually dry your lips out even more. The best lip balms are ones such as ';Burts Bees'; which contain bees wax - a savior for chapped lips!


The best things you can go for dry skin or lips is make sure you are drinking enough water. 6-8 glasses a day will keep your lips nice and hydrated and prevent them from drying out easily again.


Lastly, it could be that your lips are so damaged because they have been burned by the sun. Use a lipbalm with an added SPF to keep your lips in great condition. And NEVER use lipgloss wth dried, cracked lips - it will just make them worse. Good luck, I hope I helped =] xx
1) Buy a baby's toothbrush and gently brush your lips to get rid of any dry flaky skin.


2) Get a good quality lip moisturiser (neutrogena, palmers) and rub into your lips.


3) Seal in with vaseline or similar.


4) Keep a chap-stick in your pocket and reapply regularly.


5) At night, put as thick a layer as you can stand on your lips.
Do you like your lips alot?





A lot of people lick their lips which is telling the brain that you no longer need moisturizer on your lips and it stops producing moisture.





try not usng anything so your lips need to produce moisture ( it may take a while) or just use chapstick... if its a serious issue, consult a dermatologist





Feel free to check out my blog as I do post up tips and techniques that may be of use to you.


http://www.changingfacesbymay.blogspot.c鈥?/a>






i suggest you see your gp. if you've used lip balms and they dont work, you obviously need something that is stronger.





my friend had VERY dry skin and she spent so much on skin care products (both high and low end), she got sick of wasting so much money on stuff that didn't work and went to see her Gp. her skin is not very good and she only had to spend about $10
http://www.hqhair.com/code/preview.asp?P鈥?/a> - this lip scrub has an actual cult following... its not cheap but celebraties swear by it ... use it on a regular basis and ur lips will be soft and supple before u know it!!! Personally ... i would avoid the likes of vaseline and carmex as i dont think they provide continus moisture ... try blistex intyense moisture balm!!! its lovely and keep my lips moisuriesed all the time! ... if u dont fancy spending that money on that scrub use and old toothbrush and ligghtly bugg ur lips with it to remove dry skin!!'; xxx





good luck xxx
dont know whether you've tried it or not..


but lucas paw paw ointment works wonders!


specifically made for burns and open wounds, but many people use it for chapped and dry lips.


they come in tube or tub form, and you can get them from your local pharmacy
well, i know there is only one product...





Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment





it comes in a red tube or tub....can get it in most chemists in Aus





seriously, that stuff works wonders! its great! i had a similar problem





also, keep up the fluids
blitex lip splash during the day, lashings of nivea creme(the little blue tub, not the hand cream) when you go bed, i have the exact same problem this works fairly well for me.
think of your body like a sponge! to retain moistre they need more moisture!





You need water but also you need oils too.





have you tried cod liver oil or Omega oils, as well as plenty of water?






carmex..its brill for chapped lips. you can get in most chemists..
  • detox cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment