Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can u not match the color of ur lips with a dress?

Hi pplz


I went to Boots to get a lipstick to match my dress which is a gorgeous very deep wine (purple/red/brown mix) colour and i thought id have a strong lip and neutral eyes for a change. When i asked for a salesgirls help she was 'no0o0o0o0o u NEVER match lips with dresses' - i did find a perfect eyeshadow from Estee Lauder and got a similar colour gloss so it was light on my skin but can u not have a strong lip with a strong dress if ur eye will b muted?? I thought famous gals did it all the time lol


ps ive got golden brown skin so its not like dark lips would look tooo bad on me (i think) lolCan u not match the color of ur lips with a dress?
You can do whatever you want for crying out loud! You gonna let some chick making minimum wage selling makeup to tell you what you can and cannot wear? AW HELL NO!





You do what you want---I think it would look VERY NICE and you'll get compliments.Can u not match the color of ur lips with a dress?
Best thing to do its try it- it might look great - in which case, go for it, or not, in which case, stick with a tinted gloss in a similar shade! Stronger make-up looks good with dark colored clothes, but you have to be careful not to overdo the one shade


Good luck


Jx
IF that lip color suits you, then it is PERFECTLY okay to match it w/ your dress.





I can't wear red lipstick but wear a lot of red clothes. I wouldn't wear red lipstick just to match b/c it looks hideous on me but if the color matches your skin tone... go for it!!
Girlfriend, I always try to match lipstick with what I am wearing. I wear red, brown, pink whatever.For a nice glint I put a frost over any color. I know the pros say to emphasize one either eyes or lips, I use a soft beige on my eyes all the time and whatever I want on my lips, including liner
Your make-up should enhance your beauty and not take away from it. Remember whatever make-up that you choose that it shows what you love most about your face(skin, eyes, lips, etc). Based upon what you stated your complexion is, I suggest having a dramatic eye which will highlight your skin tone and the dress and keep the lips a little subtle. But sista, its not what we suggest, if you feel like a diva stepping out the door, then work it!
You're just not supposed to have your nails and lips match. If your eyes will be muted, a strong lip is ok.
Honestly I don't think that would be a good look. Try a lilac color but not something that is exact to your dress!
Its not that you CANT match your lip color with your dress its just that you are supposed to go with the lip color that suits you, if you have a dark dress but you are pail skinned it is probably not a good idea because then you will look silly with just dark lipstick
you could but mite not want to because you'll blend to much!
u can do whatever u want but i wldnt do both the eyes %26amp; the lips if u do the eyes use a neutral color on ur lips if u do ur lips do the smokey effect on ur eyes only focus on 1 feature of ur face both of them will be to much maybe even do the eyes with a clear lipgloss goodluck
i never match my make-up to colors I am wearing. i match them to whatever my coloring is. If I have a red dress on, I may or may not look good in bright red liptick/lipgloss. However, a sheer lipgloss might do the trick. I take color cues from what I am wearing and apply that. but that's about it.





if you are wearing a strong eye clor from estee lauder, you should go with a muted/soft lip color. only accentuate one feature. never two at the same time like strong eye and strong lip. If you really want a dark lip, I would do lighter eyes.
i have no idea. but i always play up my eyes more than my lips.
i think that would be fine for pink coral red wine , but avoid if dress is black,blue, purple ,green
u can do it if u want but i wouldn't recomend it.....if u put a wine color on your eyes with a strawberry eyeliner and a black mascara and do a clear of light colored gloss on your lips it would look a lot better and your eyes would stand out beautifuly
use a colour which looks best on you dont go over board and use a color that makes u look like a clown the best way to go is use light brown lipstick and add a glossy shine to it that always work or a simple red lip with gloss you can never go wrong go simple if you are not sure.
why not just wear what looks good on you, don't freakin' worry about the celebs, they make big bucks to look like fashion victims. Your face stays the same whatever you are wearing, so just do what works for you

No comments:

Post a Comment